2.26.2008

24

tick' tick'...i love the show 24 with the nonstop action and the intensity of Jack Bauer.  I love the fact that the 24 hours of the show can be dragged out for several weeks and episodes and even seasons ( I think they are on season 7 now?).  Regardless 24 hours is a lot.

24 hours in a day.  Sure we could all probably fast 24 hours.  Stay awake 24 hours.  Or do a lot of things for 24 hours.  I have decided to embark on something I have never done before.  I am going to spend 24 hours this week in prayer.  This means that throughout my day I need to pray a little more than 3 hours a day.  I have never prayed this much in a week.  My hope and desire is to spend most of this time per day consecutively.  Meaning, I can pray for thirty minutes here and there and possibly find a way to get it all in.  I want to try and get as much of that time in one setting.  If I have to split it into two sections then that is fine too.  The goal of this prayer movement for me is to capitalize on what Jerry Falwell said so often when referring to prayer.  "All our failures are prayer failures."  God is calling to stop praying like I am just tossing hopeful words to a ceiling.  Prayer is powerful and can be effective if our hearts are aligned with His.  As I fasted I saw tremendous fruit from it both spiritually but also with my physical eyes.  I am not stopping the hunger and thirst I experienced on that fast.  It lives on in my heart and my spirit and will continue over into this 24 hours of prayer this week.  I am praying and expecting God to do some amazing things in my life and the lives I pray for.  God has put an expectation in my mind that if I want to truly see him move I need to start expecting in faith that he will.

I just received the new NOOMA dvd today and guess what it was all about.  PRAYER.  It spoke perfectly to what God has called me on as I support my brother who is fasting right now, and my other brother who is leading youth and students into an intimate relationship with Him.

No comments: