2.15.2008

day eleven

So the weekend is almost here and I am looking forward to sharing it with my brother and cousin who came up for the weekend.  They are so much fun and I am looking forward to sharing the excitement that is on this campus for God.  I hope that it becomes contagious for them and that they experience the hunger and thirst for more of God.  This weekend I am hoping to not only have a great time with them but also grow together.

Today I was reading in Mark about Jesus' responses to the questions he was asked.  I studied his responses and the way in which he spoke to them.  I also studied the next word in my One-Word Study of the Lord's prayer "who".  God is continuing to open my eyes to the simple truths that in every word of this inerrant book.  I look studying one word at a time.  It has its times of frustration (especially with simple words) but God makes it so worth it.

I had accountability with my RA today and we were talking about different things that God is doing on the hall and how excited he is.  We talked about everything from the emotional aspects to the biblical truths and the doctrine behind what is happening.  He is a Biblical Studies major and so we spend a lot of time talking theology and the historical aspects of the Bible.

Today was a re-energizing day for me.  I took a nice nap and threw some softball with my teammates for our intramural team.  Today was a solid study day while still knowing that the Spirit of God is moving mightily and even violently on the hall.  I am still expectant of what he is going to do and prayerful that this only the first of many things to happen.

Books I read today:
The Revolutionary Communicator - Jedd Medefind, Erik Lokkesmoe
The Relevant Church - Mike Bickle, Mark Driscoll, and more.

Scripture I read today:
Mark 7-15
James 1-3

Verse of the day:
James 3:13

No comments: