2.11.2008

day seven

Wow an entire week.  The mental impacts of the fast have been great.  I have had to remind myself that it doesn't matter what day I'm on cause I have the one who made the day to begin with.  Everyday carries with it new surprises and new struggles that allow me to see God and grow.  I'm glad I chose to write later than earlier tonight because there was some major spiritual battles that occurred as I got in the bed last night.

As I was under the covers, about to fall asleep a heard voices through the wall and I couldn't quite make out what they were saying but it was loud enough to where I felt like I needed to get up and check it out. I walked next door and heard, "I bind you Satan..." and recognized the voice.  It was my friend Adam who is a red shirt freshman on the wrestling team.  All four rooms to the left of me are wrestling rooms and I am the first to admit that nine out of ten times they got under my skin last semester with noise and dumb stuff.  For some reason though, this semester has been different.  I have never gotten a chance to really speak to those guys or get to know them until last week.

I was in my room praying with Jason and from what Adam told me he heard me praying and later asked me if Jason and I pray regularly.  I told him that we do and that he was more than welcome to join us whenever he heard us (our walls and doors and not sound proof at all so it is not like we are screaming or anything) praying.  His testimony is incredible and we began a conversation that night a week or so ago that lasted over an hour.  He was at VMI and was a major drug dealer doing all the drugs you could name every day and getting wasted.  He has no church background and so in his words he has not been poised by religion. haha.  He is the most raw and authentic guy you will ever meet with a heart and a passion for the Word and the Holy Spirit.  We were talking about my new favorite music to listen and pray to (Misty Edwards and Jason Upton) and we talked about IHOP (International House of Prayer) and how incredible of a ministry they have.  He brought up Morning Star (a prophetic prayer church and movement based out of South Carolina) and we talked about Rick Joyner (a leader in the movement) and how he actually meets with Jonathan Falwell (weird) on occasion.

So back to the story...

Adam was praying against the spiritual attacks on one of his friends that is also a wrestler.  Adam has such a heart for his friends to fully come to know Jesus.  Some of them say one thing but live a completely different lifestyle.  After I heard Adam praying I walked back into my room and grabbed my Bible and then walked into the room next door to get in the action.  We spent over two hours praying over this wrestler and the room.  We later found out why they were such strong attacks life.  He was letting the enemy attack him through lust, evil thoughts, homosexuality, drugs, alcohol, death metal, and words that he heard as a child of being a failure.  Each of these topics were manifested as attacks and we prayed each of them through Scripture and the blood of Jesus Christ.  It was the most real and powerful thing I had ever seen before.  PERIOD.  I have never seen anything in the spiritual realm and the warfare that occurs like I did then.  I know some people (even at Liberty) do not believe in a lot of what occurred in that room but as real as I am I promise you that everything that happened was far from fake.

What an incredible day.  God thanks for feeding me spiritually and causing me to become more hungry and thirsty for you.

Books I read today:
The Relevant Church - Mike Bickle, Mark Driscoll, and many more.
The Final Quest - Rick Joyner

Scriptures I read today:
Genesis 1-20

Verse of the Day:
Genesis 1:1

No comments: