2.19.2008

day fifteen

Well today was full of bumps and bruises literally.  Today was the halfway mark for the fast and I was excited about how far I had come.  I knew that God would give me the strength to complete thirty days and allow me time to recover before going to Greece on my missions trip over spring break.  I was feeling sick yesterday due to the flu and cold going around campus and my roommate has it.  I decided to take a nap and allow my body to get some rest and try and fight off some of the sickness.

As I was taking a nap I fell out of my top bunk and my head slammed on the desk below and I blacked out for several minutes before waking up to having to throw up.  I noticed the huge pain in my head and the goose egg on my forehead that was already swelling up.  My RA told me to call LUPD because they are trained EMS as well and let them decide what to do.  When the officer came minutes later he told me that I needed to go to the hospital and get looked at.  My roommate took me to the hospital and I got a CAT scan and an x-ray which both came back negative...thank God.  I was told by the doctor that it was not just a minor concussion because I did black out for several minutes, but luckily there seems to be no signs for greater concern.

The doctor told me that she did not want to give me strong pain killers because of the side effects caused by them are exactly the signs to look out for after a major concussion like mine.  She did however say because of the great pain in my head to take three extra strength tylenol.  Because she told me to take it every four hours I felt compelled to mention to her about my fast.  I needed her medical opinion about what I should do if I am going to be taking pain killers every four hours on a regular basis for the next several days.  She told me that I did need to come off of my fast.  As upset I was I needed to listen to the council of the doctor.  I was able to actually witness to her about why I was fasting and she was very encouraged and we began to talk about Jesus and the fast that he did.  She was amazed that I had done fifteen days and that I was planning on doing thirty.  As much as she wanted me to continue she told me that I needed to eat food to help give my stomach something to help with the drugs.  

So this is the end of my fast, and my heart aches.  I want to weep, but I know God is in control.  I am trusting God and I know the results from what God has shown me on the fast and it encourages me to make this something I do often.  Prayer and reading have become parts of my lifestyle like never before.

Luckily I love blogging now and will continue to write as often as I can, hopefully daily.  Thank you for your prayers and support.

To God be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Books I read today:
The Relevant Church - Mike Bickle, Mark Driscoll, and more.

Scripture I read today:
Ephesians 1-4

Verse of the day:
4:12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats on making it to day 15 even though you didnt get to do 30
you're God does have it in control


philip continue to strive to be a man of God. like David, a man after God's own heart. thats what he was known for. let that be your legacy.

peace