2.09.2008

day five

Today was by far the craziest day of the fast so far.  I got to talk with a friend of mine about the infinite love of God and how that there is nothing we can do to change how much He loves us.  Towards the end of the conversation the topics were broad and vast but I believe that he really pulled something out of it.

I found out while I was at a hockey game last night about Tim being sick and having to be in the hospital due to a kidney stone.  I received the voicemail from Canada (Tim's friend who is also doing the forty day fast with us) about Tim's situation and finally got an updated story later that evening after worrying and spending a lot of time trying to reach them again.  I called Daniel and we talked about it for a while and then spent several minutes in prayer for our brother which turned out to be very effective because when I finally got Canada's number from Georgie he said that T Time was doing really well and that he was getting ready to get some rest.  The downside of the kidney stone was that Canada said that Tim will probably have to eat something and come off the fast.  I can't wait to hear from him tomorrow and see how he is and what exactly even happened.

Daniel and I had already agreed to stay on the fast when we talked on the phone before we knew the deal with Tim because we knew that we were called to it.  I do not know about Canada or anyone else that is participating in the fast but I do know that Daniel and I will remain steadfast in our dedication for forty days.  That is my prayer and hope at least.  I spent a lot of time in prayer tonight for our heath (Daniel and myself) and that we can continue on this journey in full health.  It is sad to hear about Tim but I do firmly believe that we are called to press on.

Through a great evening and some great conversations throughout the day it was really cool and fascinating to see how my fast effected my conversations. A lot of time has been spent in the Word and in books so far on my fast while still going to classes and even hanging out with people but yesterday I felt a presence of God that hadn't been there before.  I think God is truly starting to walk along side of me in every way.  I think I might be starting to experience what it means to truly walk in the Spirit in everything I do.  I have definitely experienced this feeling before but not like this.  This feelings is consistant, it's everywhere and in everything I do.  It's not just a temporary high I get when I pray, read the Word, or talk with other brothers or sisters in Christ about what God is doing.  The fire and passion I have is not run by others, or even by me.  It is completely the Spirit of God operating in me.  I am being sensitive to Him, and learning a lot about how He looks at people.  I walk by and begin to intercede about someone I have never even met on campus, and yesterday as I was praying for this guy who was sagging his head down he looked up and starting to look around for something with a big smile on his face.  I wonder if God spoke to him, or if he was just encouraged in his Spirit.

I'm beginning to tread on waters that are unfamiliar to me.  It's scary, but He is calling me out of the boat to walk with him on the unknown.  Through this experience my mind is being blown away, not to mention my heart, soul, and most importantly, my spirit.  Thanks God.

Books I read today:
The Final Quest - Rick Joyner
Confessions of a Reformission Rev. - Mark Driscoll

Scripture I read today:
Matthew 1-4
1 Timothy 1-6

Verse of the day:
1 Timothy 6:17

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for making these posts public Phil. I'm keeping up with you and you are really encouraging me and I'm sure others. You can do this!