2.07.2008

day three


The enemy is out and is definitely not happy with what is going on.  After talking with people from the Hanger last weekend, the enemy is out to stop what is going on.  I believe that because of the life transformation that has been occurring at the Hanger, the dedication from my guys in my small group, and the fast from these men of God, that Satan and his demons are out to stir up trouble and find weaknesses.  Today the attack came through a conversation with someone who said some very hurtful things.  Things that were far from the truth but were for some reason causing me to want to get very defensive and defend myself.  I have Romans 12:2 posted right about my desk which states, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."  Before a word even left my mouth to respond to the accusations that this person was making over the phone I realized that Satan wanted me to get defensive.  He knows its not true too, but he wants me to get my adrenaline pumping and go at it with this person.  I gently told this person that there was not truth in those statements and quickly exited the conversation.  Satan is waiting for me to fall so he can shove it in my face.  I will fall, I will mess up, but the problem is not failure, the problem is defeat.  I refuse to let any mistake or wrong step I take to redirect the rest of my life.  God holds the keys and the battle has already been won.

Today I rejoice in victory.  Victory of the cross, of life, and of today.  I praise God for allowing me to lean on Him when I am weak and when I am far from feeling or being perfect.  He is the sustainer of life and the one who completes me.

Tonight at Campus Church Ergun Caner spoke (the man!) about relationships.  He is doing a series right now entitled, "Sex in the city of God."  He talked about the various levels of love in the Greek and how the roll over into our English understanding.  He referred to C.S. Lewis' book, "The Four Loves" and how Lewis goes from a person you just meet to a love that only God and I should share.  I have learned a lot about relationships the past few months.  I would probably argue that I have learned more in the past three months that I have the past three years.  God is showing me about who I am, who I am not, what I should look for in a future spouse, what to watch out for and avoid, but more importantly He has taught me what it really means to be in love...in love with Him.

I am adding Lewis' book to my "to read" list.

Books I read today:
i am not but i know I AM - Louis Giglio
The Pursuit of Holiness - Jerry Bridges

Scripture I read today:
1 John
James

Verse of the day:
1 John 4:8

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is what I am talking about. I will keep posted to this! I have this site in my bookmark bar.