2.17.2008

day twelve

There are days in our lives when nothing seems to go right.  But there are also those days when nothing seems to go right, but somehow when you lay your head down at the end of the night God still gives you a peace that He is in control and that there is nothing to worry about.

I would not call my day rough but rather just long and tiring.  I had friends come up from home to see a concert here at Liberty and I got to give them a tour of the campus.  One of them is coming here as a freshman next year and she is really excited about what God is doing on the campus as I gave them a brief snapshot.  I had people come up from my home church for the weekend to check it out.  I enjoyed helping everyone but as we all know...giving directions over and over again and helping can be exhausting at the end.  I loved doing it and serving them while getting nothing in return, but at the end of the day (especially without having any food to energize you) I was wiped out.  How amazing it is though to share with others about what God is doing on this campus after the amazing days that I have had recently.  I got to share testimonies of lives being changed and transformed.  I talked about the hunger and thirst from the guys on the hall for more of Him and how it is becoming contagious.  Our prayer is for this entire campus to be revitalized and rejuvenated in their spiritual walk.  Our prayer is that as one campus we can unite together and see the world changed and reached starting here in Lynchburg and in the United States and going out into the ends of the world.

I am loving having my brother and cousin here for the weekend.  They bring life back into me seeing young people desire God and to know that there is such hope for this generation and the one after me.

Books I read today:
None. (really busy day)

Scripture I read today:
Acts 12-15

Verse of the day:
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: