2.17.2008

day thirteen

God you never forsake or abandon me.  You never leave me or fail me.  Why?  Why do you continue to lavish your love upon me even when I am far from where I should be.  Why have you not given up on me and walked away.  You should have a long time ago, but for some reason you hang around and say, "This is my son, in whom I am well pleased."  

I do not deserve to be called you son, I do not deserve to be called your friend, but yet you call me son, friend, and beloved.  I would be content with a slave eating the scraps that fall to the dogs but yet you ask me to dine with you and sip your wine.  You clothe me when I am naked, you feed me when I am hungry, and you quench my thirst when I am thirsty and I am not even talking about the physical needs yet.  

You sing and dance over me at night.  You give me dreams and visions.  You give me far more than I could even imagine.  You not only take care of me spiritually, but physically.  When I am sick or have physical problems you come to my rescue as I cry out to you.  When I am sad and depressed you come along side of me and wrap your arms around me.  When I am alone and feel helpless you come walk along side of me and show me that you are always here no matter what.  When I fail you and everyone else around me you ask me to sit in your lap and lean my head on your shoulders.

I need more of you in my life Father.  I am not content with where I am.  I pray that I never find my self satisfied with your Word, and your presence.  I want to continue to grow in knowledge and wisdom.  Cause me to trust you in everything.  Cause me to rely solely on your Spirit and how it leads me.

Teach me to pray O Lord.  Show me how to connect in such a way with Your Spirit that I do not take my foot off the ground to move until I feel you leading me.  I know that You have given me a brain and a heart to use but I want those too to die in the flesh so that Your Spirit will reign and rule over every fiber in my body.

God my prayer for this campus is that You help us to start to be the hands and the feet.  Help us to not only be passionate about the Bible and prayer, but to follow Your instructions and feed the poor, and shelter the homeless, and take care of the widows and orphans.  My prayer is that You let it start with this campus.

God never allow me to be so certain of myself or my future that I forget to let you drive and direct my life.  My prayer is that You continue to drive my every step and hold my hand the whole way.  The day that I start to take over is the day my life becomes a wreck and useless.  I am nothing without you God.  Cause me to keep in the forefront of my mind and heart that I must decrease so that you can increase.

I love you God.  I love you Savior.  I love you Daddy.

Books I read today:
None.

Scripture I read today:
Psalm 119
1 Peter 2

Verse of the day:
Zephaniah 3:17

No comments: